1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Hero compatibility issues with Pioneer BTB100 Bluetooth Adapter

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by billybroadsword, May 17, 2010.

1. billybroadsword

billybroadsword Active Member

Aug 1, 2009
    I'm having real issues establishing and maintaining the bluetooth connection between my HTC Hero (1.5 Rooted) and my Pioneer Car stereo. It is a DEH6000UB with a BTB100 Bluetooth adapter which is plugged into the IP Bus.

I usually have to search a good 3 or 4 times from both the phone and the head unit before I can establish a connection and then am lucky if it lasts 5 minutes before it drops out.

When trying to play Bluetooth mp3 audio, both the phone and head unit recognises the connection but I can't hear any music.

I have made and received a few phone calls using bluetooth so it is obviously not totally incompatible.

Is there anything I can do to help stabilise it all?

Predictably, I tried it on a Nokia and everything fell into place straight away.

Advertisement

2. D-Noc

D-Noc Member

Jan 25, 2010
    .NET Software developer
    Aalborg, Denmark
    I have a similar problem with my Jabra BT3030 headset. The only solution I have found is to unpair the headset in the bluetooth menu on the Hero, re-pair and check if it works.
    If not: Reboot the phone while connected to the bluetooth device. Works 98% of the time.

The Hero's bluetooth capabilities are really not up to standard, Im afraid :-(

3. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Electrical Engineer
    Brighton
    Get yourself a 2.1 ROM Bt is much more stable

4. billybroadsword

billybroadsword Active Member

Aug 1, 2009
    I am running 3.2 MCR at the moment. Are any of the 2.1 unofficial ROMs quick enough to use day to day?

Tags: