1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hero / Heroc ???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iEricKim, May 23, 2011.

1. iEricKim

iEricKim Newbie

What is the difference between Hero and Heroc I see everywhere? I don't recall seeing Heroc anywhere. Can someone quickly explain please? Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert

There are basically two phones known as Hero. A CDMA version and a GSM version. Both are made by HTC. The Sprint HTC Hero, is often refered to on the forums as Heroc (CDMA) to avoid confusion, as the other HTC Hero, a GSM Hero (Used in Europe) Software must only be installed on the proper one.

iEricKim likes this.
  3. iEricKim

iEricKim Newbie

O okay. So if I live in America, I bought my phone in America from Sprint, my HTC Hero is likely the HeroC so I can use the HeroC roms, correct?

4. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands

^ yes.

iEricKim likes this.
  5. iEricKim

iEricKim Newbie

Oka doka! Thanks

6. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands

No problem. There are a ton of links in this forum with the most up to date versions of all the relevant roms....

7. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert

Just be sure to flash ROMs and radio basebands designed for the Sprint HTC Hero and not its GSM counterpart. Nothing will brick your handset faster than flashing a ROM or radio baseband designed for GSM onto a CDMA handset or vice versa.

I have seen a few people make this mistake and pay the price. Just be careful and make sure you have the correct files and proceed with caution.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews