• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help hero is stuck in safe mode after updateing to 2.1 on 3 uk

hi, i wondered if anyone could help. i -like many others- waited a very long time for the android 2.1 update to come available for the htc hero on 3 uk and was over the moon when i saw the message to update. i did everything it told me to and it updated fine apart from the fact that my phone is now stuck in safe mode, i haven't rooted my phone and i have tried all the usual methods of getting the phone out of safe mode but nothing seems to work. has anyone had a similar problem and or have a solution, thanks

I think safe mode is activated/deactivated by booting whilst holding specific buttons down.

I'll google it for you.

EDIT: Hmmm.... reading this thread, how about booting whilst holding the trackball?

Not sure if it's holding down both the trackball and power, or only holding the trackball down and tapping power once. Try both :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones