• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero Locale - Activate Wifi in Sleep

Hi,

I downloaded Locale recently and it looks like a good app. I have set it to turn on my Wifi shortly before I get up in the morning to allow it to download some files (Guardian App and hopefully some podcasts). I've set Guardian to only download the newspaper via Wifi. For some reason Locale doesn't seem to be able to switch the Wifi on unless I awake the phone from sleep. I've been into the Wifi sleep policy Setting menu on the Hero and set it to never. Any ideas why it's not working?

Thanks

I guess Locale is turning off wifi when you go to sleep. I have been trying to do that as well, but it does not turn itself on in the morning either.:thinking:

This is what they say from the locale site:

Why don't my settings don't change back when I leave a situation?

Locale will only switch your settings when leaving a situation under two circumstances:
There is a lower-priority situation that should still be active (e.g. your "important callers" situation ended, but you're still within your "at work" situation).
If you've configured Default Settings from the button in the bottom right corner of the main

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones