1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Hero packed up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dragonfall5, Nov 4, 2009.

1. dragonfall5

dragonfall5 New Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Hi,

My Hero (T-Mobile G2) just shut itself down and refused to wake up.

It had been sitting untouched on my desk with a nearly full battery charge. When I went to wake it up to make a call it refused - the screen stayed black despite trying all the buttons, holding down the power button etc. In the end I removed and reinserted the battery and that forced it to restart.

It's been fine for the half hour since then - any ideas what might have happened?

Advertisement

2. phillevy

phillevy Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Ongar, UK
    Mine did exactly the same yesterday - never happened before in 2 months use. It has been fine since. Did you update/install anything recently?

3. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Must have ran into a bug, if it happens again, call HTC and send it back under warranty imo

4. phillevy

Aug 27, 2009
    Ongar, UK
    Bit drastic doing that if it can be pinpointed to software:(

5. dragonfall5

dragonfall5 New Member

Oct 23, 2009
    I put a few games on it yesterday: Hyperspace LITE, Spark, Space War update - I think that was the lot.

6. phillevy

Aug 27, 2009
    Ongar, UK
    No ROM/Kernel updates then?

7. dragonfall5

dragonfall5 New Member

Oct 23, 2009
    No - I'm not a techie. As far as I'm concerned ROM is the name of a sci-fi comic I used to read and Kernel is a military rank!

8. phillevy

Aug 27, 2009
    Ongar, UK
    I only asked as I updated the kernel yesterday - I thought this was the cause but it seems like it could be anything. It's ok now but I'm paranoid and keep checking it every 10 minutes!

9. SFA_AOK

SFA_AOK Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    My phone's done this a couple of times since I've had it (couple of months now), I suspect a severe bug in the software somewhere, and the phone just stops responding. Would be nice if it rebooted automatically at least!

I rooted my phone and put a custom ROM on it at the weekend - will be interesting to see if it happens again. The good news is that it didn't happen very often...

Tags: