• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero sound quality

I joined the forum a week or so ago, just before I got my new HTC Hero on Thursday and it's taken me until now to drag myself away from it to visit the forum again.

As much as I'm addicted to the phone, I was a bit disappointed the sound quality wasn't great- comes out a bit 'tinny'. I got myself some Sennheiser CX 500 earphones and it seems now the sound it much much better.

I just wondered what other people's experiences were with the music/sound quality on the Hero...

Also, if it's not too much to ask further, what music player do you use? I've got Rockon and the default player and kinda like them both but neither are perfect...

There is an audio app on market with EQ, amazing called "Audio Player WithEQ".

There is also an audiomanager widget that helps adjust volume levels, but not EQ afaik.

I found the bundled headphones pretty lame and I too use a pair of Sennheisers CX500s and the audio quality is excellent, as for the in built speaker, its adequate for video but not so good for music, but then why on earth u would want to use it for that purpose is beyond me, surely the inbuilt speaker is just for watching short videos such as Youtube or iPlayer.

Ben

Upvote 0
There is an audio app on market with EQ, amazing called "Audio Player WithEQ".

There is also an audiomanager widget that helps adjust volume levels, but not EQ afaik.

I found the bundled headphones pretty lame and I too use a pair of Sennheisers CX500s and the audio quality is excellent, as for the in built speaker, its adequate for video but not so good for music, but then why on earth u would want to use it for that purpose is beyond me, surely the inbuilt speaker is just for watching short videos such as Youtube or iPlayer.

Ben

ooh looking it up now.... thanks!

Upvote 0
I think the sound quality is pretty darn good, certainly compared to previous phones I had, incl SE. Then again I also use Sennheiser plugs. Only annoying thing is you don't have controls on the cables nor a mic...

But if there's a developer out there reading this, it would be nice to have a decent EQ app... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones