1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Hero stuck in vibration mode?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alko, May 29, 2011.

1. alko

alko Lurker
    None

May 29, 2011
    health care
    If there is anything to do with sound ,the phone only vibrates. If you type numbers on phone pad it vibrates and it should have given a sound since it is not in vibration mode.
    If you type numbers with the pad, while headphone is plugged in it gives normal sound from headphones. Once you plug the headphones off, it only vibrates again.

when it rings also there is no sound but vibration only..
    It seems like it stuck in vibration mode, or no sound mode.
    Any advice is appreciated thanks

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Welcome to the forum alco and congrats on your first post. Though I'm unfamiliar with your device.. it is most likely a settings problem. Not knowing, I'd suggest going into your apps>settings and open up the sound related links. My guess is that your phone is set to vibrate only which you can edit. Another place to look would be your volume switch. On many models, when the volume is rocked all the way to the bottom the phone will only vibrate. Turning the volume up will return the phone to sound. I hope this will solve your problems or another with personal knowledge of your device will come to your aid. In any event, best of luck and welcome to AF.

alko likes this.
  3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    Try this alko, install Audio Manager on your phone and open it up. That will allow you to adjust every volume setting on the phone, of which there is 6.

Once you've turned everything up to max, try playing some music and see whether that works - that way we can tell if the speaker still works.

alko likes this.
  4. alko

alko Lurker
    None

May 29, 2011
    health care
    Thank you both ..
    Now I identified the problem.
    It is a physical connection problem. If I press the right corner with two fingers from both sides, speaker plays music again at least for a while. AS I figured out ringer and media volume connections were damaged. headphones and speakers for talking on the phone are working..

This means gotto use these phones with a cover. It just falled down once since I have it. But my sister was using it before.

Do you think, it will be cheap enough to have it repaired? A friend today just told me it wouldn't even worth it that it can be very expensive. -in Germany-

5. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    I'm glad you've isolated your problem but sorry to hear it's hardware related. If it were my phone, and I had no insurance on the unit, I'd google a repair. Trying to find a reputable shop that gives free estimates would give me an idea which way to go. Good luck.

Tags: