• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero turning itself off

cyberlife

Lurker
Dec 6, 2009
Hi,

Got myself a white sim free hero which I've had for just about a month now running with a Virgin Mobile sim. The phone has been updated to the latest ROM version from HTC.

I've noticed on a couple of occassions that it has turned itself off even though it's got a good battery charge. Of course you don't know this has happend until you go to use the phone!

You can't switch the phone back on without having to take the battery out and putting it back in either.

Anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

I think mine has done this once.

Having said that I don't think I've ever had a phone which didn't. Remeber late 90's Nokias? They were never on when you came back to them...

Only ever had one Nokia which was replaced by the Hero. Had plenty of other brands of phones however and I've never ever experienced this before and if I did I'd be after a replacement.

I'm sorry but in my mind no phone sat on a desk should turn itself off unless the battery is dead or the phone has a power saving setting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones