1. Android Forums is going down for maintenance at 6:00PM Central time. We apologize for any inconvenience! Shouldn't be down too long.
  2. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Hero vs Moment post 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jerry56, Jun 10, 2010.

1. jerry56

jerry56 New Member

Jun 10, 2010
    So after both of these phones have recieved what may be their final official software update which one comes on top now? I ask because i dont want the EVO but i do want one of these phones.

Advertisement

2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    Well, you might get a slightly biased opinion with positive results going towards the Sprint HTC Hero in this sub-forum. I mean, that would be par for the course in a Sprint HTC Hero sub-forum. :)

I was never really interested in the Samsung Moment. I preferred a virtual keyboard to a physical one.

3. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Student/Engineer
    Minnesota
    pretty much the same as with 1.5 in my opinion. The Moment still locks you out every once in awhile, and the Hero still has that occasional lag (especially when sending a call)

4. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    Male
    Group Sales Associate/Front Desk Clerk
    Washington (state)
    It depends on if you want Vanilla Android, or Sense Android. With the Hero you get Sense which has 7 home screens and lot's of widgets designed for it. With the Moment you get Vanilla which has 3 home screens I believe, and only the Vanilla widgets, which are lacking on the Sense ones if you ask me. Those and the virtual vs hardware KB are the biggest differences.

Tags: