1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Hero won't receive SMS anymore

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jiltedcitizen, Nov 8, 2009.

1. jiltedcitizen

jiltedcitizen Member

Oct 23, 2009
    I've seen this is an issue before. Is there anyway to fix this without getting a new phone? I've hard reset already, and still can't receive txts. I don't want a new ohone since I just paid $14 for an invisible shield.

Advertisement

2. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Mine stopped recieving sms texts last night too. I was using handset sms, I uninstalled and reinstalled it like twice. But what I did inbetween was use the stock sms app. Then once i recieved a few messages I reinstalled handset, did a hard reset, changed my sms options so I would only recieve sms from the handset app and voila... my sms is working again.

3. jiltedcitizen

jiltedcitizen Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Unfortunately that isn't working for me, I have Chomp installed and it is not working either. I can send them, but not get any.

4. alee

alee Member

Nov 3, 2009
    This happened to me too. But, my problem was fixed when i turned the phone off and back on. You could also try going into airplane mode, and then coming back out of it. Hopefully the patch for this comes soon. I was without text,calls, and voicemail's for 3 days.

5. lankyb

lankyb New Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I noticed that when I try to send a sms and the number starts with a 1-***-***-**** the radio will shut down then return a error could not send sms but if the format is ***-***-**** everything goes fine.

6. jiltedcitizen

jiltedcitizen Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Ya I've tried everything so far. Maybe rooting my phone would help...if I knew where to reset the flag that says the phone is full.

7. kamikaze02

kamikaze02 New Member

Oct 13, 2009
    handscent wasn't working for me too...so i uninstalled and reinstalled the app, rebooted and now it's working fine.

8. jiltedcitizen

jiltedcitizen Member

Oct 23, 2009
    I wish it were just a 3rd party app that wasn't working but it isn't. It's all SMS and VM.

9. Frantic Ferret

Frantic Ferret Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    St. Louis
    I killed voicemail and SMS when I used a task killer to shut down messaging for the battery error. Apparently when I did that I killed all messaging. It's now running and both VM and SMS are coming through, but I don't use the app to send messages.

Tags: