1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

hey all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Vexen, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Vexen

Vexen Member
    None

Jan 1, 2012
    Hey new the the whole phone modding stuff, Im pretty decent at getting pc games for free and modding them but phones are totally different, anywho, names vexen of course, using a Samsung galaxy prevail from boost mobile.

I've had an android phone before and was able to change everything cosmetically about the phone, and this one was no different so im using go launcher ex and some other go apps from the dev team. I dont know much about anything else though but just go my phone rooted today and using it for my primary wireless connection. Works pretty good but a little on the slow side. Im curious as to what else i can do now that its rooted. or if any other cool themes are worth getting. im using the skyrim theme now.

Guess you could say my reason of joining is fueled by pure interest and learing experience :p

Advertisement

2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Entrepreneur / Business Owner - Freelance Writer
    Loganville, GA
    Welcome to Android Forum. Thanks for joining the Ranks of Androiders -- It's nice to have you aboard.

There are lots of Help, Hints, Tips & Tricks available for all Android Devices. Make sure to click the Phones or Tablets -Link in my signature - from there scroll down to your device model - You can then join your device's area of discussion where other users will give you help on getting the most out of your device.

I hope the information you find here will be useful to you. Happy Holidays! :)

3. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hello Vexen and welcome to Android Forums. You will likely find the root area for your phone of great interest. Here is a link for you. Galaxy Prevail - All Things Root - Android Forums
    Thanks for joining our ranks and I hope you enjoy these forums.

4. Vexen

Vexen Member
    None

Jan 1, 2012
    many thanks many thanks, I'm learnin a few things here and there, I feel like im back to learning about graphic design and older system emulators an roms. I had my desktop running a ps2 emulator with kingdom hearts at one time, but that technology hadn't advanced to much at that time so it was fidgety at best. however, nes snes and n64 and ps1 were all too easy once you get the drivers figured out. I was playin zelda and pokemon on my laptop for days, lol.

Im gonna put a signature and avatar up within a few days if i get unlazy. haven't checked limitations on that though.

So many threads though about what i want to learn about and do but its all advanced stuff lol i haven't a clue on what ppl are talking about, kernals and roms an such, i thought rooted was rooted is rooted, but theres flashing and odin and everything else, im lost and yet its kind of exciting lol anyways thanks for the welcomes. been on a few forums and ended up in a pretty close nit group, hopefully i'll fall right in place here.