1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hey Android, show us your new icons BEFORE I update!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by REBECCA OBUCHOWSKI, Feb 11, 2019 at 1:35 PM.

1. REBECCA OBUCHOWSKI

None

Monday
    It seems every new update provides less appealing UI icons, background colors, etc. It would be nice if you could see what you're updating to considering its non-reversable! The new Pie icons are BRUTAL! They are immature, very unprofessional looking. Why should I have to go through downloading multiple apps to try to find something appealing? Hey Android don't assume change is always necessary! Angry user considering (gasp) iphone

Advertisement

2. psionandy

psionandy Android Expert

Dec 5, 2009
    Male
    Gizmonic Institute - mug in a yellow jumpsuit
    liverpool
    Or use a launcher that supports themes... and you'll never notice them changing

PitCarver, MoodyBlues and Jfalls63 like this.
  3. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    If you have a complaint you really should address it to Google. This is a forum for Android users, none of us has any say in this and I doubt Google care what you post here (mind you, I doubt Google care what you say to them either...).

Also consider that the icon design with an update depends on what phone you have. If you are a Samsung owner, for example, then it's definitely Samsung rather than Google who choose the design.

But if you are talking about stock Android 9, rather than a manufacturer's modified version, then it's been out for 6 months and a quick web search would show you what it looks like. If it's a Samsung or LG version (almost certainly modified by the manufacturer) then the same approach would probably give you an answer.

MoodyBlues and Dannydet like this.
  4. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    Install a third party launcher (I'm partial to Nova Prime) and simply change any icons that you wish.

Dannydet likes this.
  5. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    The launcher won't change the settings menu icons. Or the quick settings. It really depends which icons the OP dislikes.

Though if it is the default app icon design then sure, it's a trivial thing to change. And you'll find that Nova is better than the stock launcher anyway.

Dannydet, PitCarver and Jfalls63 like this.
  6. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    True. I wasn't thinking about the settings icons, when I made the recommendation.

psionandy likes this.
  7. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    Grab a launcher and icon pack from the play store and you'll never look back.