• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Hey atrix owners, after you rooted and installed a custom rom did you...

see a massive improvment?
1 out of 10, 10 being the MOST improvment what woudl you say you saw after? and which ROM are you using?
There are no custom firmware ROMs yet since the bootloader is locked down, just file system tweaks and changes. See the XDA-developers forums for more details about devs and what they've been able to do so far. But it might be a long wait before they get a full customized Android ROM available.

Upvote 0
There are no custom firmware ROMs yet since the bootloader is locked down, just file system tweaks and changes. See the XDA-developers forums for more details about devs and what they've been able to do so far. But it might be a long wait before they get a full customized Android ROM available.

i know that..i was talking about the ones that do the tweaks and take out Blur and bloatware...

Upvote 0
do you run any of those tweaks on your phone?
Nope, as I have the Bell Canada version and there are some differences, and now I'm considering returning it as it has a lot of bugs in the software and it doesn't perform anywhere near as good as it should, so I don't want to mess with rooting or tweaking. It's a shame really as I was quite stoked to get it and use it as they advertise, but it's been quite disappointing really.
:eek:

Upvote 0
Rooted my AT&T atrix and installed a custom launcher and did some custom tweeking. I noticed a big difference. I know what im doing though, most noobs who dont know what they are doing end up just doing random which makes it more buggy.

what ROM did you use?

i love flashing and tweeaking my android phones..so i have done it before. i had the Droidx too

Upvote 0
bfksc;[URL="tel:2478179" said:
2478179[/URL]]Nope, as I have the Bell Canada version and there are some differences, and now I'm considering returning it as it has a lot of bugs in the software and it doesn't perform anywhere near as good as it should, so I don't want to mess with rooting or tweaking. It's a shame really as I was quite stoked to get it and use it as they advertise, but it's been quite disappointing really.
:eek:
Hey, which bugs did you run into? Thx.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones