• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

hey can anyone help me...

hello guys
im new to this rooting thing
can you help me root my toshiba tablet Lt 170
gingerbread 2.3.4

thanks guys

Hello, and welcome. :) A couple of things:

1) We're not all guys. :p

2) It'd be best to post your question in the appropriate forum for your tablet; there should be an 'all things root' subforum there. You're much more likely to get good answers there.

Reactions: zerticen
Upvote 0
Unless it is pre-rooted (install Root Checker to be sure) it is unlikely the developer support will exist for a budget brand tablet, and even if it is pre-rooted, forget custom ROMs because the likelihood of a custom recovery image supporting these cheapies is pretty low.

Rooting a budget tablet is pretty much good only for overclocking and system management. (Linux guru type stuff like changing VM heap size, memory management, etc)

Upvote 0
Unless it is pre-rooted (install Root Checker to be sure) it is unlikely the developer support will exist for a budget brand tablet, and even if it is pre-rooted, forget custom ROMs because the likelihood of a custom recovery image supporting these cheapies is pretty low.

Rooting a budget tablet is pretty much good only for overclocking and system management. (Linux guru type stuff like changing VM heap size, memory management, etc)

Thing is the Toshiba is not really a budget tablet. 200 GBP, which is about $300 USD. Although I didn't actually realise Toshiba was doing Android tablets, so I guess dev and rooting support could be difficult for a little known device.

Upvote 0
try searching XDA Developers, if the tablet has any support, they will be one of the first to find out from. rooting a tablet can be easy, or hard. there is a different method to each model and make. there is just no 'universal' rooting method. it will take a certain type of program or set of steps for YOUR make and model tablet. basically, the tutorial for rooting an HTC Sense, will NOT work on your tablet. and keep in mind that it could be one of the harder to root models, involving command line ADB hacking. that was sadly the only way i had at the time to root my ZTE Merit phone. i can only hope your tablet is one of those easier to root models.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones