1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hey fellow Evoers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sleepingsirens, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Sleepingsirens

Sleepingsirens Well-Known Member

previously coming from the triumph, ive been from 2.2 to 4.1 and back again over and over, and with stock sense and 4.0.3 being pretty dang nice, im not sure if i really want to root and install a custom rom on here, but i was wondering what the roms situation is like here, and anybody who could give me some pointers would be really nice :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert

Honestly, sense is really nice. I stayed on it for couple months now, but it got old IMO. So Monday when I got my replacement phone, I s-off'ed and started use aokp jb. Doing the wire trick for s-off was a major pain for me, but it was worth it.

Sleepingsirens likes this.
  3. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Android Expert

Well you should definitely root and s off. Sense roms are nice but I switch around here and there since I get bored sometimes :p. You won't go wrong here with any of them. Roms are like pizza but with different toppings but you might get sick if you eat the same one over and over. But there are many to try, I would turn the phone into an evo 3d first for the great benefits :).

Sleepingsirens likes this.
  4. Sleepingsirens

Sleepingsirens Well-Known Member

Alright thanks guys, i think im gonna root it and install a jb rom and try it out in a little bit

5. richking34

richking34 Android Enthusiast

You need top at least try mobster rom or viper rom

6. Kamau

Kamau Android Expert

Turst me, the hesitation is understandable, as I just did mine about a week ago. But the rewards have well been worth it. My phone is snappier, looks a whole lot nicer with the custom rom, and my ability to choose what apps I want in or throw away is my chioce, not some company.
    And to be honest with you, the assistance you will receive here is wonderful. I have had a thousand questions before, during and after rooting, and the people here have answered them, sometimes almost immediately.
    My advice is to go ahead and do it.

7. Tejer

Tejer Android Enthusiast

Personally, I have jumped from several roms and I currently am enjoying staying stock. I would definitely recommend going unlocking the bootloader at the least to root the phone so you can clear all that junk off the phone and at least have some root apps you may want.

Coming from the Optimus V and Optimus Elite, this phone stock offers 10 times over what the other phones did so I am more than satisfied with what it does. That is of course assuming you either update to the new OTA they pushed or put on the radio in the root section because otherwise you will probably get a whole mess of radio interference problems with texting and dropped calls galore.

8. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Mine wasn't anywhere near that bad , I would get the shortage error at most a couple of times a week and after clearing the error they sent on their own. Since flashing the update over a month ago I haven't received it a single time. :D