1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Hey from Brisbane, Australia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by saltesc, Sep 16, 2009.

1. saltesc

saltesc New Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi everyone!

Just got myself a HTC Magic on Vodafone and already it's getting pimped out to the nines. I'm absolutely blown away by what Android has to offer and I think in time it will be huge. Very glad I avoided getting an iPhone. I've never liked using them all that much and as soon as I took the time to research Android, my mind was definitely made up.

Being Australian though, I am having some issues. There's still no CoPilot Live 8 map support here despite their earlier statement of it probably being released end of August. I came super close to purchasing it through Central as well but decided to have a quick look at their maps first. I was going to purchase it through the Market but I don't see it there as well as some other cost apps, even though I've already purchased several so Australia is definitely showing cost apps now - it's confusing. So I have looked around and as far as I can tell TeleNav, CoPilot, and NDrive don't support us yet - this leaves me without any sort of GPS navigation besides Google Maps and the like. Anyone have some light to shed or do I just wait?

Anywho, I'm a graphic designer and love pushing out interfaces, I just need to find the time to learn how to develop in Android though the brief look I've had so far has been a little scary. But at the least, on the visual side, I'd love to collaborate with developers.

Time for a beer, cheers!

Advertisement

2. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember

Oct 18, 2008
    Welcome to the forums! :)

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool: