• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hey guys...

Jerzy777

Lurker
Jun 10, 2012
After struggling with this phone for months, I decided to give straight talk a try. It is perfect. You can get any phone on at&t or t-mobile except you get the same service for 45$ a month, unlimited. It is amazing... I'm rocking a pay as you go galaxy s3. Never thought I'd see the day that you could actually do this.

After struggling with this phone for months, I decided to give straight talk a try. It is perfect. You can get any phone on at&t or t-mobile except you get the same service for 45$ a month, unlimited. It is amazing... I'm rocking a pay as you go galaxy s3. Never thought I'd see the day that you could actually do this.

I don't see why you would pay this in all things root but...

Straight talk, while it may seem like a good idea, has some of the worst data policies around. They have a daily cap that they will not disclose but people have found it to be around 100 mb's or something and if you go over it and you don't receive their excessive use text in time. Your account will be closed and your phone number gone.

So unless they've changed their policies there is no way I would ever consider moving to them.

Upvote 0

Straight talk, while it may seem like a good idea, has some of the worst data policies around. They have a daily cap that they will not disclose but people have found it to be around 100 mb's or something and if you go over it and you don't receive their excessive use text in time. Your account will be closed and your phone number gone.

So unless they've changed their policies there is no way I would ever consider moving to them.

This.. Plus no 4G or lte... Its just not worth it you can't even download a ROM without hitting your data cap.

Upvote 0
I am on ST using an S3. We do not have LTE in our area but i do get HSPA+ and the phone says 4G. I can talk on the phone and still use the internet.
I have no idea why you would use so much data that ST would give you trouble???
ST work great for me. They had a recent issue with their towers using MNVO but that has been solved in my area at least for quite a while.
I get 6 to 7 Mbps download all the time at work and anywhere from 3 to 6 Mbps download at my house.
You are a free man and can choose anything you want but you should not "bash" a company such as you did (IMHO). Just tell why your moving on and..........move on.
I have been on ST now for a few months and am VERY happy. Phone works flawlessly and data is NOT an issue.

BTW...........as i have said before................i have a PC for 99% of my internet, and a TV for 99% of my movies and such. Using my phone for these is possible but not preferable..........at least in my opinion.
I was at a secluded place the other day (in the boondocks) and we were watching a You Tube video on my phone over the air.................worked 100%.

Reactions: Trooper
Upvote 0

I have Straight Talk service, beginning this past July, on both AT&T and Verizon. There were a few days where I exceeded 100Mb using either network and I continued to have no issues afterwards with either. The speeds were still at high-speed.

Straight Talk provides 3.0 Gb of high-speed data during the service period. If a customer reaches the 3.0 Gb, they are then throttled down to 2G speeds for the remainder of that service period, then it goes back to high-speed when the new service period begins. I find this policy to be very reasonable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones