1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hey, ironass - Thanks

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jshaw42, Oct 8, 2014.

1. jshaw42

jshaw42 Well-Known Member

You have been and still are a great source of information regarding my S4.

Now, I have read there is a 4.4.4 upgrade that doesn't seem to have reached everyone, especially U. S. Cellular users. Any idea when it will be passed on?

Also, I am considering purchasing a Galaxy Tab 4 (wireless only). It has 4.4.2 installed. Will I be able to upgrade that unit?

Thanks, again.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sreum

sreum Android Enthusiast

There is a 4.4.4 update on Tmobile's S4.

3. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Hi jshaw42!

As sreum correctly points out, the T-Mobile, U.S. variant, received an update to Android 4.4.4 some 1 month ago. However, none of the unbranded International models have had 4.4.4 released, directly, by Samsung themselves as yet. My advice is to be patient and wait for Samsung to start rolling out a later Android 4.4.4 firmware and then start bugging U.S. Cellular who will have the final say on when to release.

The Galaxy Tab 4 was only released some 6 months ago and is well within the 2 year support period and whilst I have no specific knowledge of a 4.4.4 update for it, I see no reason why it would not receive one.

jshaw42 likes this.
  4. MrBaklava

MrBaklava Lurker

I just got the 4.4.4 update yesterday on Metro PCS. It runs great, no problems, not sure of how many changes were made, im running nova launcher with a grunge icon pack. I upgraded from the last Metro PCS OTA update which was JellyBean 4.3

ironass likes this.
  5. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

That makes sense, as T-Mobile owns Metro PCS and both have the SGH-M919 variant, handset.

jshaw42 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews