1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Hey, Samsung - your Kies program is CRAP!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bodrey, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Bodrey

Bodrey Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    I can't get Kies to see my Galaxy Ace for love nor money. Running the latest version and have SP3 for XP installed. I've tried uninstalling everything in the Device Manager Samsung-related and let XP re-install it. Doesn't make any difference. Kies detects that I've plugged my phone in but it just sits there and says "Connecting..." forever... fix the f***king thing!!!

Advertisement

2. DonJ

DonJ Member
    None

Sep 1, 2011
    SNAP and the more I use the Ace the more I wish I had not changed from a real phone and one that works at home and one that does not require restarting to see the network when I drive 20 miles from home....

3. socrates0

socrates0 Android Enthusiast
    None

Why not try using MyPhoneExplorer FJ Software Development It does everything that KIES does except update ur firmware & accessing Samsung apps. I have been using it for years first on my Sony K750i & now on Ace. :)

4. Brian566

Brian566 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 26, 2011
    England

Yes I have been using it better than Kies but dont delete your samsumg Usb drivers

" The Best thing is you can connect via Bluetoth unlike Kies for which I can never understand "

5. socrates0

None

Last weekend I transferred over 400MB of music on to my SD card when i tried it thru bluetooth it told me it would take over an hour so I tried it thru wifi it took just about a min :D I was using MyPhoneExplorer. I have kept KIES as it also installed the drivers so I have let the sleeping dog sleep. :)

6. DonJ

DonJ Member
    None

Sep 1, 2011
    Thanks for the very useful info. If you remove KIES, as I did, then when you first connect the Ace it needs to find and load ALL drivers. That took abaout 10 minutes before it had worked everything out. Now it works as my SE phone did. I can even type messages which was something I liked about this software. thanks again.

7. socrates0

None