• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Heytell - Where is Message Data Stored on Phone?

jblank1

Lurker
Oct 1, 2011
I have been using the Heytell app frequently and love it. I now have over 100mb of data stored on my phone (can't move to SD card) and was wondering where this data is stored. I have tried searching around using Linda File Manager to no avail.

My main goal is to be able to somehow transfer all of my conversations to my cpu once I find where they are located, and then clear the voice data via the app itself.

Any ideas?

Welcome to Android Forums.

Messages are stored in a database and are generally not user readable. You can use an app like SMS Backup & Restore - Android app on AppBrain to keep a copy of that database off your phone, but you won't be able to open it. If you want to be able to read those messages you should try My Phone Explorer and export your messages

Upvote 0
I have the same goal and have searched google as well as the forums to no avail. I do not mean to revive dead threads, I realize this is frowned upon in most forums... However, why start a new thread when an unresolved thread pertinent to my issue exists? It's not like it's 5 years old :p

As near as I can tell, 'My Phone Explorer' does not help because the messages are heytell messages, not text messages. I have as well tried digging in my phone but cannot find anything helpful. It is worth noting that the files are stored on the internal memory, the app cannot be moved to SD, and that my phone is rooted. I need to keep these messages, they are invaluable to me! It has gotten to the point where my phone space runs low and I am forced to delete apps so I do not lose these messages. This is far from ideal, does anyone have any information? I've contacted heytell dev but have not heard back yet.

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones