• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Heyyy guys...

astod

Lurker
May 22, 2011
Um, hey guys. I've never joined a forum before that has encouraged such a large welcome. I just figured I'd follow the Android guy lol.

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan-boy. I've only got an LG Ally, had it for about 10 months. I'm a techie (work in IT, built computers, jailbreak apple products, etc), but my phone isn't that powerful so I never bothered to even attempt rooting it.

That being said, if anyone can point me in the right direction of anything I can do to improve performance/battery life that would be awesome. I was looking for a google checklist app when I stumbled upon the forums. I think imma go back to that thread now.

Welcome to the Android Forums!

To improve battery performance you'll need to make a few fundamental changes to the phone like:

* Remove any/all widgets that don't regularly get used
* Change the battery profile to something more conservative
* Turn off auto brightness and set the screen brightness to the lowest level that's comfortable for use.
* Turn off auto sync for email. Manually tell the email app to sync rather than let it check for new email all day long.

Some of these suggestions might seem counter-intuitive at first but they do make sense and don't make the experience any less rewarding.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones