• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hhat is my next step, clockwork installed

Taffytim

Dec 31, 2011
Hey guys im trying to root my first phone and have come a bit stuck/scared.

Ive got ICS so I couldnt go down the revolutionary path so Ive used HTC Bootloader unlock, and have now installed clockwork:

Im a bit unsure what my next step is. Say if i wanted to install ARHDwhere should i get the rom from and what are the next processes?

Thanks
Tim

i think i have just done something wrong. oops

I have a status of:
**** UNLOCKED ***
PYRAMID PUT SHIP S-ON RL

and what i have dine so far is as follows:

Revcovery -
install zip from sd card -
choose zip from sdcard -
ROMS - (i created this file in my card)
Android_Revolution_HD-Sensation_4.1.8.zip -
Yes - Install Android_ Revolution........ -
....formatting partitions......
...mounting partitions....
...cleaning process.....
....writing data & systems......
.... new rom flashed successfully ..........
... install from sd card complete .....
Go back -
reboot system now -

After i did this i got caught up on the white htc screen so i took the battery out and went back in to do it all again but this time i chose 'wipe cache partition' and did the same process. Im still getting the white screen though.

Im a bit worried now. Please say i havent bricked it.

Upvote 0
Ta Rusty, why do i think ive missed a step?

Or is it because im trying to install an incompatible rom?

I have the standard Sensation that came from Vodaphone (uk)

Can you suggest a basic rom that should work?

Do I need to be storing this rom in a particular named folder on my sd card? or can i name it what i like?

Upvote 0
Try here: euroskank cm9 kangs

Mine is a Voda UK handset and I confirm that ROM works.

Put it where you like, it doesn't matter :)

Thanks thats great: heres how im trying to get it to work.

1. loaded update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-pyramid-SKANKY-signed.04222012-0851 to sdcard
2. power button and vol -
3. fastboot - bootloader - loading PG58IMG
4. recovery -wipe data/factory reset - yes
5. install zip from sdcard - chose zip from sdcard - update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-pyramid-SKANKY-signed.04222012-0851 - Yes
6. wait for install from sdcard complete
7. go back - rebootsystem now
8. white htc screen
9. skateboarding cyanogen9

This is where it ends . . .. .I left it for an hour and it doesnt get over this screen. Obviously something is wrong. What do i need to do to get over it?

Upvote 0
problem i have here now is that wifi isnt working.

Ive been directed to this page after looking into it:
[Firmware][Mar 30]User-Friendly Firmware 1.17/3.12/3.24,3.30 & 3.32 Unlocked - xda-developers

But there are 2 files for vodafone and over 100 pages of info to follow!!

Ive tried both img files, put them in bootloader, then reinstalled as above but nothing?? My Wifi just wont turn on.

Am i supposed to do something clever to merge these two files that ive down loaded?

Upvote 0
Right apparently the problem is the boot image isn't flashing, if you open up the ROM zip file, you can extract the boot.img file and use fastboot to install it (fastboot flash boot boot.img) and you'll be OK.

Sorry rusty you lost me there, do you mean on the pyramid rom thats not working, the virtuous rom whos wifi is not working?

Either way, will i need to mount the image on a virtual drive as img files wont open by themselves.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones