1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support hhheeelllpppp

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hayleybrookes, Jun 5, 2011.

1. hayleybrookes

hayleybrookes Lurker
    None

Jun 5, 2011
    my new samsung galaxy s wont charge and wont turn on i did notice before it died that it said mpt application in the corner now i cant even turn the phone on please can someone help
    Plus for some strange reason it wont start either

Advertisement

2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Welcome, I'll move this to the Galaxy S sub-forum and see if anyone can help.

3. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    Pull the battery out, put it back in and try charging it again. If it still won't charge, there's either something wrong with the charger or the usb port. Either way you will need to take it back.

4. Lolz

Lolz Lurker
    None

Jun 8, 2011
    Faced the same kinda thing yesterday..Phone dint start as soon as i woke up..restart/lock/tap nothing worked. Thought the battery was out..! Tried charging through usb/charger, none helped.
    Removed the battery and put it back and Started the phone..atlast it worked!!!!
    Got to know through my friends that the msgs sent during the time my phone was off showed delivered status!!!

5. mcraddock

mcraddock Lurker
    None

May 24, 2011
    I purchased a Galaxy S at the end of March 11 and had intermittent charging problems from day one. Over the month it got worse and worse to the stage it wouldn't charge when dead. I have attempted to take it back to The CarphoneWarehouse but they insisted it goes for repair (as it was after 28 days since pruchase). I got it back 2 weeks later and the note stated it has been repaired to manufacturers standards. When I plugged it in I had exactly the same problem. Taking it back to the store, I wanted a new phone or the contract cancelling, but again, they insisted on repair...how can you repair a repair.

So at the moment, I'm mad as hell after having a phone for 2.5 months and hardly been able to use it. I'm now waiting to see what happens next.

In the meantime, I think I have worked out a temp workaround for the charging issue. Take out the battery and re-insert and plug in the charger. Hold down the home button AND the volume down and power on. This brings up a nasty looking firmware download screen...dont worry..nothing will happen.

In this mode, the battery seems to take charge. Leave for 30 mins or so, pull the chrageer and battery, re-insert battery and power up as normal. One booted, plug in the charger and it seems to charge as normal.

This worked for me, but obviously is totally unworkable day to day. I think Samsung have a problem with this model as so manyt people have experienced it....personally....I want a new phone!.....