1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hi all, converting over to Android! (I hope)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tazzman, Oct 23, 2011.

1. tazzman

tazzman Lurker
    None

Oct 23, 2011
    Marketing Manager for private company
    U.S. (Midwest)
    6 months ago I had not imagined owning anything other than an iPhone after being an early adopter (HTC Tilt) days & experiencing lots of crashes, issues & frustration.

Recently, I was experiencing some minor issues with my iPhone & altho I still love the UI, I hate Apple's proprietary OS & iTunes method of syncing so I thought it was about time to be open-minded enough to explore options.

I bought a Samsung Galaxy II S (via AT&T carrier) on a 30 day trial & hope that I can learn enough within 30 days that I want to keep this & convert to Android for good.

Would appreciate any help suggestions for adding/upgrading some items such as Home-screen/Theme's how to manage files, i.e. where to add/create files on my system.

I want to add some custom ring tones (m4a format) onto my phone & have no idea what folder to place these in or where I would load a custom home screen.

Looking forward to learning more about this phone, I will say that so far I am pretty impressed with the Galaxy overall.

Thanks everyone & look forward to chatting & learning!

Advertisement

2. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch!

Nov 8, 2009
    Male
    Production, Warehouse & Installation Manager
    San Antonio, Texas
  3. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    Private Security
    Seattle
    Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will not regret the switch.

Just a couple quick answers, iPhone ringtones I do not think will work. Download "Ringdroid" from the market. It allows you create custom ringtones and notifications from any mp3.

For a home screen I recommend LauncherPro (I recommend paying for plus for the widgets).

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. You can find answers to just about anything on here!