• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi all .. Need suggestions on my first Android phone ..

ahmadka

Feb 12, 2011
Hi guys .. well this is my first post here so please be gentle :)

So basically I'm coming from a line of Nokia phones (N97, N900), and I want to try getting an Android phone now .. I've been eyeing Android for many months now and I've finally decided to make the switch ..

So what Android phones can you suggest ? My price range is about $500 ~ $550 and I'd like to buy only an unlocked phone (i.e. nothing on a contract) ... I'd also prefer to get a HTC brand Android phone because I really like HTC Sense .. I would also prefer to get something which has a screen of 4" or smaller .. anything bigger seems too big to me ..

Anyways, right now I'm tied between HTC Desire Z and Google Nexus S (even though its not HTC) .. But I've just learnt that HTC Desire 2 is in the making too .. Anybody know when the release date for this would be, or what price it may be available for ? .. Any other phone suggestions are welcome too ..

Thanks in advance guys, and I hope I didn't post this in the wrong section :p ..

Are there any other cool Android phones which any of you would recommend, besides Desire series and Nexus .. ? I would prefer HTC but anything else is welcome too ..

Also, any guesses on when Desire 2 might come out if its announced at MWC, and at what price ?

And why do you guys suggest Desire Z over Nexus ? What are the reasons (I want to know why people would recommend either phone :p) ..

Upvote 0
I personally hate HTC phones, every one I've held feels like thin cheap plastic considering how much you're paying for it. HTC is also usually as likely to drop support on their phones as quick as they are to release a new one to get all the new updates.

I'm personally a huge fan of most of Motorola's android phones. I'm still using my moto droid 1 I got last year cause of the community and support it gets. It was motorola's I think first android phone and their still releasing updates for it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones