• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

nickswitz

Lurker
Jun 22, 2010
I just found this forum, and lurked through somewhere around 30 threads, and I loved it, so I figured I'd sign up. So here I am. I don't actually have any Android devices, I wouldn't mind one, but as well I wouldn't buy one over something else.

I love Android, well, Google in general, I enjoy the openness of it, as well as customization of it. It puts it far above Apple and Microsoft, however due to this they have needed to beef up their processing power and RAM to a high degree. Although that isn't bad, it means more problems are sure to come up. As well as that I can't stand the industries obsession with HUGE screens, I mean I was looking at the Droid X and it's specs and a 4.3 inch screen is ridiculous, I mean it's a cellphone, not for like serious tv watching or even internet video viewing, although some may disagree, but that's one of my biggest pet peeves is the giant screens that the manufacturers are throwing out there. Manufacturers are also skimping on quality and just saying that Android makes up for it all.

So I guess in reality my biggest problem is with manufacturers more than Android. I have used a few devices, and I like them for the most part, I personally hate the Motorola Droid, I just have issues with it, as well as that I have problem with people who load their devices up with so much garbage that they use once and then complain it's too slow and laggy for them.

That's my stance on most things, and I am a total nerd, and I do actually know a lot of what I say, but I will gladly take people's knowledge and use it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones