• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I've had my Android LG MS690 through MetroPCS and while the phone is hot, the service is not. Most people I know who work with me and have Metro cannot get service inside the building such as actual calls coming through but the Android tell me when I've missed a call, text etc so I guess I am ok with that for right now.

What I don't seem to get is why the phone has applications that even if you force stop them, seem to come back on when ever they want and eat up my battery terribly. Like there is this app that I did not purchase that is permanently:eek:on my phone called Extra and one of the most annoying useless applications. I go to applications, force it to stop and the next day it is back. Any suggestions on how to permanently keep some apps either completely dormant or how to remove them?

I need all the advice on how to use this phone I can get. The Metro store I bought it from is always too busy to help.

Thanks.

Hi there, welcome to the forum. I'm not sure about your phone, but it may be possible to do whats called "root" your phone, which would give you basically admin rights and you can remove bloatware/pre installed aps, I believe. Warning, please be sure you properly research how to root before doing it, cuz it can brick your phone if not done properly.

I could not find your phone in the list, so hopefully someone else will know which direction to point you in to find the information for ya.

Upvote 0
Welcome!!

Android manages these apps for you, truthfully you burn up more battery force closing them all the time then if you just ignored them. They will just start up again no matter what (UNLESS you root your phone) It is a large portion of the android community that thinks task killers do more harm than good. Perhaps a app like SystemPanel Lite would help. It will show you how much CPU (battery) running apps are actually using... then if you choose to systempanel will close them (most of the preinstalled apps will restart themselves no matter what though, this advice is mostly for apps you yourself installed)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones