• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi.

I am new to the site. I do application work. and just started doing apps for Android, on web apps that I create for clients. I was all set and really looking forward to developing for the HP Palm... ok so lets not go there.. lol we all know what happend there. But as a developer it would have been nice to develop for a new product that would have made it.

Frankly I really liked what Palm did. They had a really good platform. they just needed the funds to promote and move forward. But now, after seeing the new Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, Maybe this was wise of them. I have to say I am impressed that Android kept steady and continued their development and perfecting their platform, and now finally with 4.0, I see a really strong entry. I think they have something very impressive. I really appreciate what Apple has done in raising the bar, but they are not the only player anymore, I am looking forward to see what the MS 8 looks like. I am looking forward to seeing the next geneartion of Android.

I think the next few years will be extreemly interesting for phones and tablets.

Hello, and welcome...

Nice of you to stop by and join us. We love developers on Android Forum - I hope your time here will be useful. Here's a link to the
Application Development - Android Forums where other developers love to hang-out. Also, you can Tap or Click the phones or tablets link in my signature --
from there just scroll down to your device model.). - You can then join your device's area of discussion where other users will give you help on getting the most out of your device.

Enjoy the forum. And I hope you find this place useful. Merry Christmas. ;)

Reactions: relkind
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones