• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi everybody

village

Lurker
Nov 16, 2009
I'm a director of telecommunications at a university. I'm interested in how android in a smart phone might help me do my job more effectively. That means I'll need some IT tools like a cisco ipsec vpn, ssh, vnc, maybe a softphone for asterisk, stuff like that. So here we go, off to the races... I'm already a google freak -- I imagine google integration with an OS built by google will be pretty good. Looking forward ot finding out. I curently run a blackberry 8330 which is OK, but I'm looking forward to some better tools. I have chosen to avoid the iphone. I like linux -- especially ubuntu for a daily driver, I believe apple took a big step in the right direction when they went the *nix route -- not a bad OS, I tolerate windows and use it when I must -- so far 7 seems OK.

Thanks for being here, I already learned about connectbot via this wonderful forum.

I'm a director of telecommunications at a university. I'm interested in how android in a smart phone might help me do my job more effectively. That means I'll need some IT tools like a cisco ipsec vpn, ssh, vnc, maybe a softphone for asterisk, stuff like that. So here we go, off to the races... I'm already a google freak -- I imagine google integration with an OS built by google will be pretty good. Looking forward ot finding out. I curently run a blackberry 8330 which is OK, but I'm looking forward to some better tools. I have chosen to avoid the iphone. I like linux -- especially ubuntu for a daily driver, I believe apple took a big step in the right direction when they went the *nix route -- not a bad OS, I tolerate windows and use it when I must -- so far 7 seems OK.

Thanks for being here, I already learned about connectbot via this wonderful forum.

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones