• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi everyone...I am technologically illiterate and need to make some smart friends...

makhshev

Lurker
Jan 12, 2011
Here is my pressing problem.
The developer of a popular app for rooted phones, a developer who gives awesome personal support (so I will not mention names because I brought this upon myself), told me that he can probably help me unfreeze my phone if I can get an abd shell up on my computer and the phone connected to it.

My phone is charging as we speak, and sitting at this window:

Android system recovery <2e>
Samsung Recovery Utils
-for BML-
reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

graphic shows an exclamation mark in a triangle on top of a droid
#manual mode#

The developer says that I will probably need to be at this window anyway when the phone is attached and an abd shell is available.

Any advice to someone who really did a number on his phone, and yes, would gladly settle for a factory reset (short of a miracle). :thinking:

HKM, Martimus and anyone else who might be able to help...
I have an Epic 4G.

I bricked the phone in the process of trying out Bloat Freezer, a highly regarded app from a gentleman who is trying to respond to what I have done.
This app works so well, I froze everything that could be frozen! In other words, my phone doesn't work any more...

Since my last post, I was successful in wiping data and doing a factory reset, but it did not help...

1. The battery will charge.
2. The Samsung start-up window will appear.
3. The Sprint 4G window will follow
4. The Galaxy S will appear.
5. The window goes black. No further response.

I have got to find a way to flash a ROM to this phone to get it to do something.

The more I read online about Odin, etc., the less I understand and the more confused I become.

Reactivated my old Sanyo SCP-7000 pending a solution. Thoughts on resurrecting the Epic?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones