• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi Everyone, just need some info

aamzalag

Lurker
Nov 4, 2009
Hey All,
I currently have an iphone 3gs on att, and im seriously considering switching to verizon to get the droid. However im a huge advocate of jailbroken phones (iphone) or rooted phones(android). I know alot more about jailbreaking because obvioulsy i use an iphone, but i would like to learn about rooting android phones, and the benefits. I havent been able to find that much general information on the forums, so i was wondering if any1 could direct me to some resources, on information regarding rooting android phones, the benefits and negatives, and also the basic how to and what it means to root the phone?
Thanks so much,
Adam

Hey All,
I currently have an iphone 3gs on att, and im seriously considering switching to verizon to get the droid. However im a huge advocate of jailbroken phones (iphone) or rooted phones(android). I know alot more about jailbreaking because obvioulsy i use an iphone, but i would like to learn about rooting android phones, and the benefits. I havent been able to find that much general information on the forums, so i was wondering if any1 could direct me to some resources, on information regarding rooting android phones, the benefits and negatives, and also the basic how to and what it means to root the phone?
Thanks so much,
Adam

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

I can't believe you said you couldn't find much info on rooting on this site....

try doing a TAG Search on "root" and see all the links to many threads ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones