1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

hi everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by angel wannab, Aug 7, 2011.

1. angel wannab

angel wannab Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    retired
    almonst heaven, wv
    just found this site, hope to find useful info on here ... finally getting a handle on some functions of my phone after 6 months ... basically been using it as a phone only ... so proud of myself ;), installed some music and have hardly put it down since

beginning to love the thing and finding it to be more useful everyday

a real concern to me ... scenerio: i lose it, all my music, apps, settings, pics etc, etc etc are lost ...

what is the most reliable way to back-up ... i have installed 'lockout' whick is supposed to protect & back up ... i lost a moto couple years back & grieved for months ... refused to buy another smartphone for 2 years

all suggestions are welcomed

also, love gospel radio e.g. k-love & other family oriented, news & weather stations

all suggestions welcomed also

thanks

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums, Angel.

Information about the Droid X can be found in Motorola Droid X - Android Forums and they can help you get the most from your phone.

Backups of media are usually as simple as copying the contents of your sd card to a pc or other storage device. I'd recommend doing that weekly, at least. Backing up apps and settings can be a bit problematic if you haven't rooted your phone. You simply won't have access to some of the files and folders. Still, as long as you know what apps they were and register a new phone (god forbid you should have to) using the same gmail account, you will be able to reinstall all the apps without paying again.