• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi everyone...

ninadk

Lurker
Sep 18, 2011
Hello everyone,

New to the community...Using a Samsung Galaxy S2..yea I know :cool:
Just wanted to say hi...another reason behind joining the community was that my phone has started getting overheated too often. Maybe it is because the number of processes running or certain applications, I don't know. I read about the auto-killer app, but I need to be rooted. Please fwd a decent link to root my phone, this is not harmful right?? :eek:

anyways, looking forward...
-Ninad

Welcome to the AndroidForums, ninadk :).

Glad you signed-up with us here at AF.

Yeah, typically, it is an app that is using a lot of CPU (and therefore, battery). Also, if you are using a case on your phone, that will retain heat quite a bit.

There are apps out there that will help you monitor CPU busy by app and battery temperature and such, but I'm betting that the folks in the SGS2 forum have already experienced this and may have some suggestions / solutions for you:

Samsung Galaxy S2 - Android Forums

Since they have your same phone, its probably best to ask the experts :).

Cheers and glad you signed-up with us here at AF.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones