1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hi everyone.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by John9603, Aug 8, 2012.

1. John9603

John9603 Lurker

I was hoping that you could help me with a Colby Kyros tablet I purchased. I keep trying to see movie clips of the news. It would always take me to a page to say I needed to buy a flash player. I did and paid $50.00 for it. I do not know how to install it or even at this point find it on the tablet to be able to install it.
    To be honest I am 65 and when I went to school computers did not exist at that time, so any help someone could give me I would greatly appreciate it. I hate to spend $50.00 for nothing.
    Thank You, John Foell.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. treb1797

treb1797 Extreme Android User

Welcome to the forums !! I would remove your personal email address from your post however. Can't be to careful these days.

3. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Welcome :ciao:,we are glad to have you, hope you enjoy the site.

Agreed I would not post your Email address for all to see

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

John,

It's not considered a good security practice to post an email address in a public forum. It can open you up to a lot of spam, among other things. I removed it for you. Now, about your problem. Adobe's flash player is free in the Google Play store. If the flash player won't install, it could be that your tablet (I'm not familiar with that model) just doesn't have the horsepower to run flash. Are you sure that you have not subscribed to a service for streaming media? In any case I would call the credit card company and try to reverse the charges and explained what happened.

If you did in fact download something and install it, you may have been the victim of malware. I would highly recommend performing a factory data reset to clear off everything and starting fresh. Please make sure to backup all your important data first as this will erase all your personal information from the device.