• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi Folks

Same 'ol story. Been through all phone OS's and landed in Androids lap. I'm really lovin' it! ;)

Edit: (update after 9 months of use) I no longer love my phone, in fact I hate it. It lags bad most of the time. When I make a phone call it often take 30-90 seconds to dial. Sometimes, I end up calling the contact twice (one line active, one line on hold) because I can't tell if it registered my dial request and it calls them again a minute into the active call. Stupid!

My internet goes down at least once a day. I don't get important/timely emails because of this and my work suffers. I have to toggle the "mobile network" connection to get it back. Sometimes that doesn't work and I have to do it again.

The contact list is slow to scroll, view details, edit, etc.

I often miss calls because the phone is unresponsive when trying to answer.

BTW - I am now running the official 2.1 rom instead of the 1.6 rom. Most problems existed with the earlier roms too (except for the data connection problem).

The dialer lag irks me the most though. I can't even use my phone for it's primary purpose, A PHONE!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones