1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hi for the first time... what?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Slobadon, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Slobadon

Slobadon Newbie
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    So, hello! I thought I had registered many moons ago with my Samsung Moment. I have lurked and perused the forums a lot in the past, found the best cases, protectors, apps, and diagnosed problems, searched for why my phone was force closing, remorse with other members about why my screen wouldn't let me pick up a call when I could see the incoming call leaving my folks stranded at the front gates, learn how to hold certain buttons for a hard reset, ect. GOD ok now it all makes sense. I gave up hope (never had the desire to root, even though its in my ability) and abandoned this forum. I blame Samsung.

That phone was soo amazing at first. It could do all kinds of things that no other Sprint phone could at the time, Like force close. I've been putting up with it and haven't looked into anything android related for a good while. But now Im already for the discounted upgrade and just ordered the longest named phone to date, Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4g touch from Sprint. Its in the mail.

That is where i'll be spending my time. Guess what!? I've already learned that because of this crazy naming scheme that the forum directory doesnt have it listed exactly like that because... well, i haven't figured that out fully yet, besides the fact I think there are multiple tiny variations on the Galaxy S2 platform.

I understand that all electronic devices with an OS will be crazy as hell, I just hope that this one will be more tolerable then that miserable moment.

See ya'll around

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

I think your experience is one shared by many. I remember the day i Unboxed my Nexus One. It was like someone had handed me something out of Star Trek. It was the shiniest, coolest bit of geeknology that I had ever held since i got my fingers on that first Tandy CoCo (yes, that goes way back.) By the time i replaced it last month with a Galaxy S2 (AT&T SGH-i777) it felt more like a model-T with a blown cylinder and a flat tire.

The models of Galaxy S2's are just different enough to warrant being split into individual forums. Silly if you ask me, but I suppose the carriers need to differentiate themselves. Samsung Galaxy S2 (Sprint) - Android Forums will likely be the forum you'll be spending time in. Don't be bashful, either. Participation is what makes the forums work for everybody. :D

3. Slobadon

Slobadon Newbie
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    Thanks! I do plan on participating more this go around as I have more experience and knowledge under my belt. But, you kind of simplified my point with the link to the correct forum, your hyperlink says "Samsung Galaxy S2", but it leads to a section tittled "Samsung Epic 4g Touch". The info block at the bottom of that section explains the naming progression very well. Im learning so much about my phone and don't even have it in my hands yet! Ha!

4. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Entrepreneur / Business Owner - Freelance Writer
    Loganville, GA
    Hello, thanks for joining the Ranks of Androiders -- nice to have you aboard the forum...
    There are lots of Help, Hints, Tips & Tricks available for all Android Devices. I hope the information on here will be useful to you. Happy 2012!

5. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Work to live, not the other way round!!
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    Welcome to the forums... thanks for signing up!

6. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator

May 11, 2010
    Male
    IT Administrator
    Northern Ky
    Welcome to Android Forums!