• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Hi forum! I've come begging for help :-(

coreymike

Lurker
Sep 13, 2011
Hi everyone!

I rooted my phone yesterday using the Revolutionary method and everything was hunky dory! Tried the cyanogenmod and thought it was pretty decent but was missing Sense so thought I'd give the Leedroid Rom a try...

After wiping off Cyanogen and Selecting to install Leedroid off the SD card in recovery the phone went in to a bootloop when Leedroid tried to launch. "No problem" I thought, I'll wipe it and just put the old rom back on...

I wiped but when I went to find the ROM on my SD card in clockwork recovery it says E: Can't mount /sdcard.

The card works fine in my pc and I have backed up the contents of the card and formatted it etc but it won't allow me to get to any of the restore data on there or custom ROMs. When I try to mount the sd card in the 'mounts and storage' bit it just says Error mounting /sdcard! I have tried a spare SD card and also formatted in another htc android phone as well but I'm out of ideas :thinking:

I would be unbelievably grateful if anyone could help me fix it. So grateful infact that I'd be willing to paypal some money or donate or whatever if someone gave me a working solution... :eek:

My guess is that you have a "USB brick" - fixable, but unpleasant. Inability to read sd is a prime symptom. I'm on my phone at the moment, so can't easily find and post links, but try searching the forum for that (also misc error). Rastaman-FB has talked a few people through these, so searching for posts by him might help.

Good news is that you used revolutionary, so should have a modern alpharev hboot. These support features to make fixing this simpler, so look in particular for posts that say something about this, as it will save you some hassle.

Sorry I can't post the actual solution from here, but don't panic, I'm sure this is a fixable problem.

The other question is, what did you do that caused it? May just be bad luck, but if not we want to avoid it happening again. You did not use an app called ROM Manager, for example?

Upvote 0
I would be unbelievably grateful if anyone could help me fix it. So grateful infact that I'd be willing to paypal some money or donate or whatever if someone gave me a working solution... :eek:

Ouch Mike. You must really be struggling:cool:

Absolute nightmare, but you are in the right place. And I thought you just weren't answering my messages earlier.

Let me know when you've sorted mang, and also share with how you did it because I don't want to end up in the same predicament!

Upvote 0
I detect rom manager use however its not too bad aa he is s-off via revolutionary which has misc flashing included.
Simple to fix.

Use the usb brick fix guide for 2 things only.
See the section to enable sdcard functionality.
See the link to create an mtd0.img for your phone

One the above is done use fastboot to flash
Fastboot flash misc mtd0.img

If you used rom manager. Vow never to touch it again

Upvote 0
Yep, I did use rom manager :eek: Then I found the 'Don't use ROM manager thread' :) Genius

I have to say I am a total noobtacular noob so I'm not that down with the android lingo. In fact in retrospect I probably shouldn't have rooted :eek:

I'm going to have a look for the USB brick thread for advice tomorrow although any additional advice on here would be greatly appreciated.

A day without my android phone has literally been "the longest day"...

Thank you all for your replies!

Upvote 0
Thanks Rastaman, I'm gonna have a look tomorrow when i'm not so drunked!

Been out in town all day bar hopping without my smartphone :( Bad times

I don't really understand much of the ADB bridge stuff so I apologise but I really appreciate any advice and support....

I wish I hadn't gone anywhere near rom manager because I'm totally ****ed but I hope in the next few days I can resolve this.

Thanks again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones