• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi from a new S2 owner.

emylo

Lurker
Apr 10, 2012
Hi All

I've just ordered a second hand Samsung Galaxy S2 from eBay. I'm getting it as an upgrade to my iPhone 3GS which I've had for about 15 months. I've enjoyed being an iPhone owner but the cost of even a 2nd hand 4S is crazy, and with the introduction of iOS 5 and the associated lagging and jailbreaking issues with the 3GS I decided to come to android.

I'm interested in custom ROM's and rooting my new phone once I've got to know it & I've joined here to check out ur community and hopefully get some info on these and any other interesting bits to do with my new device!

Welcome to the Android Forums - nice to have you aboard... You'll find the "rooting" forum on the top of your device's forum. All the info that you'll need will be inside there. If you don't see what you want, feel free to ask.

There are a few carriers who have the Samsung Galaxy S2 - So I've linked all variants of your phone. Just choose your phone from the list.

Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T) - Android Forums - (AT&T)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile) - Android Forums - (T-mobile)
Samsung Epic 4G Touch - Android Forums - (Sprint)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (International) - Android Forums - (International)
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Android Forums
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket HD - Android Forums

I hope this place will serve you well. :)

Reactions: emylo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones