1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Hi from Kansas City

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by vulnox, Sep 16, 2009.

1. vulnox

vulnox New Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Hi all. I don't yet have an Android phone, still going along with my iPhone 3G, but as someone that loves messing with new phones, and I think Android is pretty cool, I was thinking of grabbing a used G1 and giving it a try.

I am on AT&T, and wanted to know if it was pretty easy now if I get the G1 unlocked to just swap my iPhone's SIM into the G1. I found some posts on this from Google, but they were pretty old, and I was trying to find some updated steps, see what was required now.

I know I won't get 3G, thats fine, download speeds arent the reason I want to try this. :)

Hopefully I will like it enough to move on away from AT&T poor management and price gouging. Not gonna lie, I love the iPhone. Its build, design, and App store are damn tough to beat. But I like the idea of Android open marketplace and more featured OS.

So if anyone knows of the possible walls, restrictions, etc, I would have using my iPhones SIM card (and I need to be able to throw it back in my iPhone as well without issue), I appreciate any advice

And thanks! I look forward to browsing around here more.

Advertisement

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

I would suggest you post your questions about using your AT&T SIM in the TMobile G1 Forum ...

T-Mobile G1 - Android Forums

you should also try a couple of TAG Searches of this site .. for AT&T, att, iphone, etc... they may have some answers as well ..

3. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember

Oct 18, 2008
    Welcome to the forums! :)