1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hi from South Dakota!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AuroraKet, Jun 2, 2011.

1. AuroraKet

AuroraKet Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Computer Tech
    eastern South Dakota
    Just got an X2 two days ago, and found the forum yesterday while looking up to find out something about a widget. (and learned how much better behaved bluetooth is on the X2, with my car stereo) :)

Had an Ally for a week before that, but well... not enough app space, and it bounced a text because of it. hehehe. :p :)

Likin it so far, outside the little audio issue. Before checking here, I thought that it might be beause I used the 320 kbps setting for the MP3 conversion from my CDs, somewhere it mentioned possible skipping from that, so was gonna downgrade em before reading here. :p :)

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to the forums. You can find out a lot about your new device over in the Motorola Droid X2 forum from fellow owners.

Yeah, I'd hold off on that until you give it a try. It's a lot of work that may not be necessary.

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    AuroraKet, welcome to AndroidForums!

I'm a little jealous that you have the DX2...I've been loving my Droid X since last launch day. Your's should be even awesomer (;) :D :))!

Enjoy and have a great day!

4. AuroraKet

AuroraKet Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Computer Tech
    eastern South Dakota
    Yep. I was reading the X2 forum as a Guest before I registered, in fact, so I'm holding off for the moment.

I already had to use a converter once on all my music, since I couldn't find a media player for Android that could read all the tags from .wma files. (the simple Samsung flip-phone could, but the AndroidOS apps can't. Huh.) I have a file converter that would do it probably reasonably well as such, but I'd rather wait and see if it's fixed.

Hehe. Well, I just got it two days ago. Since it's the new latest and greatest, when I got warnings from the Ally in under a week about being low on space, I basically broke the piggy bank with all my saved money for stuff I wanted rather than needed. I had just enough for the X2 in it. Hurt a bit, since the Ally was, well, free with the move to Verizon from AT&T (they bought Alltel out up here).

The thing that bugged me worst on the Ally was the lack of Flash player. I am LOVING being able to switch to nomobile=1 on Youtube, and getting all the AMV videos, and getting all the CNN videos, that I couldn't get on Ally cause it failed to have Flash. :p

I do need to post the list of downloaded applications to the X2 forum soon though. Not sure if I installed something I maybe shouldn't have, or what, but I'm noticing issues with the phone hooking up to WiFi in the house. It gives 'error' a few times before connecting now.

UPDATE!:
    *quickcheck*

I turned off the Android Widget "Power Control", in favor of the Motorola widgets for wifi, bluetooth, and GPS. It can't control updating or screen brightness, but it seems to not error connecting after.