1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Hi I got a new Samsung Galaxy S 16GB.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mikedt, Sep 22, 2010.

1. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Saying Hi to all from Bristol, UK. I've been a long time Symbian S60 user, but my old worn out highly travelled unlocked E71 had finally given up. So I needed a new mobile phone. I didn't really like what Nokia was doing with their current mobile phones, nothing really appealed to me. So I decided to go with a change, my choice for a new phone was an iPhone 4 or an Android of some description.

The iPhone was rapidly discounted on account of it's hideous unlocked cost, and use of non-standard sized SIMs. So I decided to get a Galaxy S 16GB, unlocked and no contract. The reason why I wanted unlocked and no-contract is that I'm going back to China at the end of October to work. So the phone must work on 3 Hong Kong, 3 Macau, China Mobile and China Unicom, currently using Vodafone UK at the moment.

I've also got a 1st generation 16GB iPod Touch, which is just about finished as well. So the Galaxy S will be replacing this as well for my on-the-go music and video needs.

Had the Galaxy S for about a week now, very pleased with it, does everything I want it to do. Camera is great, sound quality is great. Although I'm a geek and love to hack some things, I wont be bothering to Root or CyanogenMod or whatever to my new phone, as it's my main means of contact for when been in China, so I want reliability and not a brick.

However these forums appear to be a great place to pick up some useful ideas and application tips as well.

So that's it from me for the moment. :)

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

3. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Campus Safety Officer
    Earlville, NY
    Welcome to Android Forums!! You have come to the best place for information on your Android phone! :)

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Welcome! Glad you signed up! Feel free to the conversations! :D

5. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Oregon Coast
    Hi & Welcome to the Android Forums - Cheers....;)