• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi, I'm Andrew from Alabama

M

mzungu.andrew

Hey, the little ad says I should introduce myself so I will. My name is Andrew and I'm from Mobile, AL, USA. I'm 22. I just got a Motorola Atrix 4G phone. This is my first Android phone and I love it. I just got it yesterday and the only problem so far is today the battery went down really fast. I've been trying to research this afternoon on battery life and I've read its suppose to be really good. I got a battery app to help save some so I'll see how it goes.

I've been an Apple person for a long time. I had an iPhone 3GS and broke the screen and instead of getting it fixed I sold it (for actually more than I paid for it) on Ebay and got a Blackberry Curve 3G. That was a BIG mistake so I went with this Atrix because I heard good things about it.

I also have a macbook pro and an iPad.

I do not have the lapdock yet for the atrix, I'm debating if I really want it or not. Any recommendations?

If you have tips, tricks, or recommendations let me know. Any advice is welcome! Thanks!

Welcome to the forums Andrew!

The battery thing is a common problem with smart phones, especially during the first 10 or so days. I was getting about 8 hours or so out of the battery on my Desire HD, but after a week or so, it settled down and I can get over 2 days now on average use.

If you're looking for tips, the Atrix forum would be a good place to start: Motorola Atrix 4G - Android Forums

Hope you enjoy your time here. :)

Reactions: mzungu.andrew
Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums, Andrew.

I think you'll find the Atrix a remarkable device. One of the first things people notice is the battery life of these phones being, let's just say, less than stellar.

I would recommend doing a deep power cycle. Let the battery run completely out, until the phone shuts off. Then using the wall charger and not a USB cable let it charge to full. Unplug it, reboot the phone, then plug it back into the charge and turn the phone off while plugged in and leave it charging for an additional hour, even if it says it's fully charged. While modern Lithium-Ion batteries do not have a memory, you have to "teach" Android what a full charge represents. Do this only once, however as repeated deep discharge can harm the battery. I think you'll see a marked improvement.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones