• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Hi, it says you're a friendly bunch so I need help...

Akimbojoe

Lurker
Apr 18, 2012
Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to tether (tethering requires no rooting) this phone to a wireless modem in order to get it's 3 MB/s connection streaming Netflix off of a Wii (only requires a 1.4 MB/s connection) for the purpose of putting it into my father's hospital room. I know I could root it, but all the research I've done hasn't yielded an easy way to unroot the system that is actually unrooted. The hospital doesn't have a WiFi network unfortunately. I could tether to my laptop but he's 80, and he knows how to use the Wii, and he's comfortable with that so I'd just as soon use that.

Even if the connection isn't wireless, say, tether to router to wii through CAT 10 that would be cool too, if you could recommend a product I can buy I'd appreciate it.

Please be kind in your replies. This is a very stressful time and I know, trollololol but please not right now guys.

yes it could be done. All you gotta do is root your phone and download a tethering app, or download LDriftas #2 ROM and flash it, it has a wireless tether app built in. Then just open the app and hit start tethering. Then go to your Wii and search for wireless networks and connect to your phone and you should be set. Hopefully you have decent signal in the hospital room so your connection isnt shitty

Upvote 0
yes it could be done. All you gotta do is root your phone and download a tethering app, or download LDriftas #2 ROM and flash it, it has a wireless tether app built in. Then just open the app and hit start tethering. Then go to your Wii and search for wireless networks and connect to your phone and you should be set. Hopefully you have decent signal in the hospital room so your connection isnt shitty

+1^^^
Here is the one built into #2
http://db.tt/twdMcXni

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones