• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi just introducing myself...

Hello group, my name is Ryan, 27 tech nerd (computers, phones, tablets, video games, you name it). I was on iOS from the 3G all the way until the iPhone 5 which I sold and got a Galaxy S4 just to check out an Android phone (luckily I didn't get the 5c/s and especially the 6/6+, they are so far behind most Android phones just in terms of Resolutions (and they touted the "Retina Display" like it was only something they could do), Cameras with less power and options than most top tier phones, just little things here and there, it seems like they add a bit more power, a few new features and sell it for the name now...). While I liked the S4, it was built like crap. I had to send it in for defects 3 times. I got the S5 though, mainly because they made a point to make it super durable. I really love it but here's the thing, I hate texting, and that's the norm these days. I'm not asking for suggestions, just saying what brought me here...

Basically my upgrade is due in June/July thereabouts, and since I hate typing on my phone, I think I'm going to get a Phablet. I hit myself over the head after I got my S5 for not getting the Note 4, because that thing is just so great, but I'm thinking of waiting on my next phone and seeing what other kind of Phablets come out. My only real experience with Android is Samsung, and they are great, I like the 6 Edge, but I still want something bigger. I might end up getting a regular sized phone and a mid size tablet (iPad mini sized, but not an iPad Mini).

I have actually been meaning to take a look at Windows' Phones, because if any of you have tried the Windows 10 Technical Preview, you most likely love it compared to 7/8/8.1., it really is the best of both worlds. I love the Xbox app (if you have an Xbox One, although it works even if you just have a gamertag, so Windows Games users can use it too and they have crossover achievments...I'm sure you've seen the stuff). But it really made me rethink things because I am a Mac user, but I do need a Windows PC because I'd like to play the 100+ Steam games I have and the ones I will buy, I've bootcamped 8.1 multiple times, but I always have so much trouble, it takes like 20 tries. So I'm building a Gaming PC, and 10 will definitely be on there. So it makes me think what if I had 3 of their devices, how would they communicate? I guess we'll find out when we learn more about Windows 10 for Phones, I haven't seen much of the Tech Preview.

Anyways, hope to learn some new stuff I didn't know before and contribute to the boards as much as I can.

See you around!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones