1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hi, new here...and i have a couple of questions about my capivate

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by slpknt88, Feb 25, 2011.

1. slpknt88

slpknt88 Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Hello everyone on here, let me start out as, me and my fiance have the samsung capivate, last night i just instaled the 2.2 Froyo update...there are feitcurs on here that i want to know what they are, first would be the new GPS icon in the slide down menu bar...whats that for, and is there a reason why the got rid of the 100% silent mode, instead they replaced it with silent vibrate... they added Car Home and Pc Home, with the Car home, is the navigation free in it? I also have this stuiped message coming up saing something about that the update was instald and you phone can be used, then i hit ok, then a blue and red arrow show up in the slide down menu, then it says connection faild, connot concet to server, or what ever...its been saying that since i got the phone in nov '10

Advertisement

2. Lars

Lars Android Expert
    None

Sounds like you have a misconfigured email account.

3. slpknt88

slpknt88 Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    what do you mean by that? im not the plan houlder, my mom bought us the phone, and added us to the family plan on at&t, so im alittle lost on what you mean

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

I believe Lars is referring to the email account configuration on the phone. What email provider are you using? Gmail?

5. slpknt88

slpknt88 Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    yes, i have a gmail account and me and my fiance are also using our yahoo emails on the yahoo mail app

6. Lars

Lars Android Expert
    None

Could also be a facebook, picassa or other account configured that can't log in and is giving an error.

7. slpknt88

slpknt88 Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    well thats the thing, i use all that stuff and there all functional...should i delete thos apps or what ever and try it?

8. Martimus

None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    From a troubleshooting perspective it would be prudent to consider removing email accounts and then uninstalling apps to find the culprit. Remove one account or app at a time and then test to see if the problem resolves...

Once you find what looks to be the culprit, start re-adding the other accounts following a similar process to insure that the problem doesn't re-occur.

9. slpknt88

slpknt88 Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    I just deleted all my apps from the store/ the ones that could be removed and its saying the same thing, and the froyo update didn't fix it eathier

10. Martimus

None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Under the circumstances you might want to consider doing a factory data reset on the phone. When complete your phone will be wiped clean of all data and settings so you'll likely need to re-configure it from scratch.

Another thing to consider is to create a thread containing your issue in the Samsung Captivate support forum. The folks there are far more knowledgeable regarding the Captivate than I am...

slpknt88 likes this.