• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hi New here and need a bit of help

naTas660

Jan 23, 2012
Hi, great site, glad to be here.
I have an Admire, I deleted the build.prop file then my phone rebooted and wont come back on.
Then I could not copy the file back with Droid Explorer, may be write protected I guess.
Then I had the smart idea to get to the diag menu and do a system wipe and that disabled debugging so I was not able to connect with droid explorer.
Ware I am now, I am [trying] to use ODIN 1.85.
looks like it adds the port but I get an error:
Code:
can't open the serial com port
I am in download mode also
and one of the usb drivers will not install correctly.
I have searched everywhere for more info on this but haven't had much luck

I would like to fix it just so I know how really, I have replacement in the mail already about 5 days they said.

Thanks for any help

naTas

This is the topic to return your phone to stock

http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/487754-acs-odin-thread-return-stock.html

this will void your warranty (if you restore the android OS using Odin)

for the usb driver you could download it from Samsung site.

Samsung

for not being able to connect the phone, check and make sure the cable is an oem or good cable ... I ran into many problems using a cheap cable.

If you just need to use the phone untill the replacement arrives without voiding your warranty you could use the official Samsung Update to 2.3.6 from here

http://androidforums.com/samsung-admire/454073-regarding-2-3-6-update-metropcs-solved.html

Upvote 0
Thanks for the links.
I have drivers for the device but one fails to install and will say unknown device.
I have found I can connect the phone via Droid Explorer when in recovery mode but I have the same problem as before that I cannot change or add any files to the device.
any idea how to change any files.
I had made a backup in system folder of the device a .zip and .back but unable to change the name or extract the .zip to the device.
I have also tried another usb cable [a shorter one]
Thanks again...

naTas

Upvote 0
the phone will not boot up, I can get to recovery and download.
I have tried the update.zip and tried to "sign" it but it will not take.
I also read that droid explorer cannot transfer data to a device.
I have used ADB on the device but I no longer have root after the factory recover {I will never do that again, lol] and will not enter SU, if I had SU I could push the file that is missing.
I think the only way to recover the flash would be jtag now, I have never jtaged a phone but have done modems, routers, cable stb etc.
I think I will wait for my replacement now as I do not want to take the phone apart and not be able to get the replacement phone free.
I will try to get an broken phone from CL and test on it if it has the correct chipset for my jtag.
Thanks for all the help everyone and if anyone has any tips please post, I would like to learn jtag to phone as my hobby is getting boring, lol
But I do have to say I have learned allot in the past few days ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones