• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi - new to old Droid.....

Hi everyone,

So as my name suggests - I'm a bit behind. I hung on to my dumbphone for ages. I only used it as a basic phone - never used the camera, etc.

I inherited an older Motorola Droid X - Android version 2.3.4 from about 2010. and I have managed the phone and texting but not much else. I can't seem to find basic tutorials and have no one to ask as my immediate people are also clueless and maybe should stick with dumbphones.

What I'm mostly after is how to take photos. I know, I know - it's sad isn't it?It's embarrassing. I've shot film with pin holes to 4x5 chrome and have a nice digital camera but can't figure out my Droid. Can anyone point me to tutorials? I've looked online but haven't been able to find any basic enough to help me. I need Droid directions for a two-year-old. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
A.L.

Welcome to Android Forums.

I moved your question to the forum dedicated to the Droid X (a great phone).

An excellent place to start would be the Users Guide. The Users Guide from Verizon is at ... http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.verizonwireless.com%2Fmultimedia%2Fmim%2Fmot_droid_x%2Fdroidx.pdf&ei=cXn3U_rGB4GMyATxs4D4Dw&usg=AFQjCNH6Dk-07NrtG_m-vOIvg8DvOmKY5A&sig2=GhT2WXNStjFBD55nfuTlGg.

The forum dedicated to The Droid X is a great source of information if you poke around in it a little.

... Thom

Upvote 0
Thom - Thanks for moving me to the right place and also for providing the link. I appreciate your help. I'm glad you think it's a great phone. Hopefully when I get to know it I'll think so too.

Crashdamage (great name) thanks for your link as well. I appreciate that you took the time to answer.

I'll off to look at both links.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones