1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hi, new user

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dencar316, Feb 20, 2011.

1. dencar316

dencar316 Lurker

Hello,
    I am a new user and also a new android user. I do know a lot about android, because I am a manager for Best Buy Mobile's stand alone stores, but have never actually owned an android device besides a G1, waaaaaay back when I used to manager Corporate Tmobile stores.
    So, I am just droping a line to say hi.
    While we are getting aquainted, I do have a question for someone. I recently got the HTC Inspire and put some apps I got online onto my sd card. I then downloaded "astro" from the marketplace and had no problem at all view them. The problem I am having is that everytime I try to install one of the apps it gives me the error message "For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from android market". I went into settings to try to adjust permissions, but there seems to not be an option for it. I researched it online and it said that the inspire will not have the option to allow external installation of apps. Does this mean I'm screwed or is there another way that it is possible to get around this? Please help.
    Thanks and it is great to be part of the community. If I can be of any service to anyone, feel free to let me know. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...