1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hi! Pete from New Jersey!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by PetiePal, Nov 28, 2009.

1. PetiePal

PetiePal Android Expert

Hi everyone! Cool to see a welcoming "intro yourself" banner on the front page :) My friend, a Droid owner, referred me to this site as I'm sitting eagerly on the fence on buying my first smartphone for my own personal phone. (I've used a Treo in the past, and currently a Blackberry Curve and Bold for work on AT&T).

My name is Pete, I'm 27, from New Jersey and an IT manager for a worldwide solar panel manufacturing company, particularly the sector of the company responsible for building huge solar farms out in deserts that are grid connected! I'm a pretty big "technosexual" (coined that term!) and I'm dying to get either the Droid or the HTC Dragon/Passion when it releases in December.

I'm really torn between the two phones. I know I need to get with the smartphone times for my own personal phone since I'm too connected to things like Gmail, Facebook and I like some of the app functionality I've tasted on the iPod Touch. I currently use a LG Voyager and my last 4 phones have been LGs! Not sure if I'll be able to adjust to a touch-only phone (which may be a MAJOR factor in my choice between the two!) as I really really like a physical keyboard!

But I know my phone will likely be an Android device so here I am!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

3. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember

Welcome to the forums! :)

4. Carl C

Carl C Extreme Android User

Welcome to AF! :D