• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi Phandroid community !

Hi,

My name is Jeremy and I'm a French Nexus One owner. This is my first Android phone. it runs FRF91 and I've rooted it using Universal Androot.

I'm especially interested in the "All things Root" part of the forum. This is because I'm quite upset by Vodafone who sold me my N1. They added spywares on our European ROM to make us pay for tethering !

Also, I don't know for the rest of Europe but in France Nexus owners waiting for Vodafone are still running Android 2.1 ! Luckily, removing the SIM card, turning on the Wifi and then doing a CHECKIN has bring the Froyo OTA to us ! How crazy is that to need such a trick to receive an official update?!

Of course no words on the FRG83 update for Europe either... I'm more and more considering flashing a Stock ROM just to be able to receive the Google's OTA updates.

Thanks for the phandroid website and for this forum, I've already found a lot of answers on both !

Best regards,
Jerry.

Wow ! Many thanks to you all guys !
Warm welcome indeed !

I'll try my best to post relevant topics and I'll do my best with my English to meet the level of this community...

By the way there's maybe one point where I might be of some help : I've meet several Googlers in the begining of the Google Wave adventure and I'm now friend and I chat on daily basis with some of them. It can be usefull to quickly report a bug trough their internal reports... If that can help one day, just tell me.

;-)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones